Effective Date: August 1, 2018
Information We Collect.
- We collect general types of information about you when you visit and use our website; examples include personal information, demographic information, behavioral information, and indirect information. Sometimes we collect combinations of these types of information.
- Personal information is information that can be used to identify you or any other individual to whom the information may relate. This is information which you are prompted to provide to us. Such information may include your name, address, telephone number(s), and email address, when combined with your credit card number(s) or bank account(s), or other unique information about you which you provide to us during the registration process, or though the course of communicating with us about the products and services provided on our website.
- Demographic information is information that may or may not be unique to you in the sense that it refers to selected population characteristics. Such information may include, but is not limited to, zip code, telephone number(s) (including mobile phone number(s) and carriers), birth date, gender, salary range, education and marital status, occupation, industry of employment, personal and online interests.
- Behavioral information is information pertaining to how you use our website, the areas of our website that you visit, what services you access, and information about your computer hardware and software, including your IP address, geographic location, browser preference, operating system type, domain names, times that you access the internet, and other websites you have visited.
- Third party information is information about you that we acquire from a third party which may include personal, demographic, behavioral and indirect information.
- No Information is collected from children. We will never knowingly collect any Personal Information from children under the age of 13. If we obtain actual knowledge that we have collected Personal Information about a child under the age of 13, that information will be immediately deleted from its database. Because it does not collect such information, we have no such information to use or to disclose to third parties.
- Credit Card Information and Bank Account Information is collected by our third party venders. This information, including your credit card number, is collects when you place an order on our website. When the credit card information is submitted to us, such information is encrypted and is protected with SSL encryption software. Our vendor will use the credit card information for purposes of processing and completing the transaction you requested. We do not retain the credit card number for any purposes other than to complete your purchase. Our vendor retains it only to the extent needed to verify purchase or process a return if you request one.
How We Use Information Collected
We use the information we collect to offer and provide our products and services and to carry out various business functions. Examples of how that information is used include:
- Product and Service Fulfillment. We use the personal information you provide us to complete, fulfill, manage and communicate with you about purchases, orders, payments, returns/exchanges, or requests for information about our products and services.
- Marketing Purposes. In addition, we use your personal information to send you information about our products, new products, services, and promotions. This may include direct mail and emails. In addition, we may use your personal information to provide interactive features of our websites, such as product ratings and reviews, and share with a friend. We may also use the information we collect to identify product and service preferences, so our customers and visitors can be informed of new or additional products, services and promotions of possible interest. We may also provide you information about third party products which we believe will be of interest to you. This may be done by us or a third party vendor.
- Internal Operations. We also use the information we gather to improve the effectiveness of our websites, merchandise, customer service and marketing efforts or conduct research and analysis of our marketing and products or to perform other business activities as needed.
- Legal Compliance. We use the information we gather to detect and prevent fraudulent transactions and monitor against theft. In addition we use such information to protect the security and integrity of our website and our business.
Information We Share With Others.
- We disclose your information to third parties throughout the world, or combined personal, demographic, behavioral or indirect information, in the following ways:
(i) Product and Service Delivery. We share your information with third parties who help us in the delivery of the products and services you have requested.
(ii) Website Functionality. We share your information with companies and individuals we employ to perform technical functions on our behalf. Examples include third parties who host our website, analyze our data, provide marketing assistance, process credit card payments, and provide customer service.
(iii) Third Party Products and Services. We share your information with third parties who will provide you with their opportunities, products or services. This includes your personal and non-personal information, and includes your interests and preferences, so they may determine whether you might be interested in their products or services.
(iv) Anonymous information. We share aggregated anonymous information about you, combined with other persons using our website with third parties, so that they can understand the kinds of visitors that come to our website, and how those visitors use our website. This includes demographic information and behavioral information.
(v) Legal Process. We disclose your information if legally required to do so, or at our discretion, pursuant to a request from a governmental entity, or if we believe in good faith that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to legal requirements or comply with legal process; (b) protect our rights or property, or our affiliated companies; (c) prevent a crime or protect national security; or (d) protect the personal safety of users or the public.
(vi) Acquisition or Merger. We may disclose and transfer your information to a third party who acquires any or all of our business, whether such acquisition is by way of merger, consolidation or purchase of all or a substantial portion of our assets. In the event we become the subject of an insolvency proceeding, whether voluntary or involuntary, we or our liquidator, administrator, receiver or administrative receiver may sell, license or otherwise dispose of, such information in a transaction approved by the court.
Collection and Use of Technology Information.
4.2. Web Beacons. “web beacon” (often referred to as a pixel tag or a clear gif) is a tiny graphic image placed on website pages and in emails, advertising and other marketing communications that allows us or our vendors to determine whether you have performed specific actions. When you access a page, open an email messages, or click on advertising, the web beacon generates a notice of that action to us, or our vendor. We use that information to analyze our marketing efforts and our website effectiveness.
4.3. Google Analytics. We use Google Analytics on our website. In doing so, Google collects and analyzes information about how people use our website, including information about browsing and buying activities. To perform some of these services, they may collect and use information from ours and third party cookies. To learn more about Google Analytics’ privacy practices and any opt-out choices it offers, http://www.google.com/intl/en/analytics/privacyoverview.html
4.4. Third Party Advertising. We may use third-party advertising companies to serve ads to you based on the technology information we have collected. These ads may be our or other third party’s ads. As such, we also allow third-party companies to collect certain information when you visit our website site and to use that information to serve or send you their ads for products and services. We may combine and associate the information we collect through these technologies with other information we have collected from and about you.
4.5. Do not Track Signals. At this time, we do not respond to browser “do not track” signals.
Security of Your Information.
We endeavor to safeguard and protect your information. When you submit information on our website, such information is protected both online and offline. We have security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of personal information under our control. The servers in which we store your information are kept in a secure physical environment. The servers have industry standard firewalls. Access to such servers is password protected and access by our employees is limited. Currently, we use Secure Socket Layer software ("SSL") to protect data and to secure any transactions. SSL encrypts information including credit card number(s), and names and addresses, as they are transmitted over the Internet. Please be advised that, although we take commercially reasonable technological precautions to protect your data, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure; therefore, we cannot and do not warrant that your information will be absolutely secure. Any transmission of data at or through our website is at your own risk. However, access to your information is strictly limited and not accessible to the public.
Your California Rights.
Under California law, a California resident with whom we have an established relationship has the right to request certain information with respect to the types of personal information we have shared with third parties for their direct marketing purposes, and the identities of those third parties, within the immediately preceding calendar year, subject to certain exceptions. All requests for such information must be in writing and sent to Tech Gear 5.7, Inc.| 2910 Norman Strasse, RD | San Marcos, CA 92069 Phone:(888) 908-6024.